Job Title: MPL Planner
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Role Objective: To plan components and material through the manufacturing facility, ensuring that delivery dates are created and achieved to give OTIF delivery to the customer.
- Coordinate all aspects of production schedule to enable manufacturing to achieve production targets.
- Cooperate with suppliers for delivery of material and any lead time changes to re-plan the production schedule accordingly
- Working with the production schedule co-ordinate production workflow through each area to gain best advantage of customer delivery and revenue return.
- Communicate potential issues before they arise and inform management.
- Produce paper work to allow the production of parts and ensure drawings etc are supplied to machine shop. This includes parts being returned from subcontract for further operations.
- Monitor the business system data and identify issues requiring attention such as late slow moving or errors.
- Support machine shop in achieving ROTIF and OTIF KPI’s.
- Comply with business policies and procedures.
- Cooperate with all other areas as when required.
- Will have worked in a similar role within a fast-moving production environment.
- Able to understand & maintain the materials management system, ensuring that transactions are identified and that their status is accurate and up to date.
- To be production-focused where availability and supply are essential.
- Experience in planning & managing demand streams, should be able to work under pressure and be able to react and adjust to the daily changing conditions typical in a dynamic business.
- Excellent people skills, combined with strong communication and organisation skills, are required to work effectively across business functions, communicating with departments & customers ensuring service levels are on a right-first-time basis.
- Preferably will have worked in automotive, aerospace or military industry previously.
Mon – Thurs: 8:00 – 17:00 1/2hr lunch
Fri: 8:00 – 14:00 no lunch break