Job Title: MPL Goods inwards & Purchasing
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Role Objective: Control the goods inwards area ensuring paperwork and RedAnt bookings are carried out promptly, when necessary, purchase items required by ASEP staff.
- Booking in supplier deliveries checking quantities match delivery notes
- Wrapping parts for delivery to supplier or customer producing relevant documentation
- Liaise with in-house / external transport companies for delivery / collection of subcontract or finished parts.
- Work with suppliers regarding delivery of material and communicate any lead time changes to the planning function as required.
- Be the point of contact for site visitors.
- Maintain the GI area in a tidy and organised manner.
- Support stock-taking activities with count sheets and data entry.
- Preparation and placement of purchase orders for products and services to support all areas of Alcon Special Engineering Products (ASEP)
- Contacting potential suppliers to gain cost and delivery info
- Gaining financial approval from MD or manager for purchase.
- Chasing supplier delivery performance
Experience in purchasing / expediting in a fast-moving automotive or sub-con environment
Mon – Thurs: 8:00 – 17:00 1/2hr lunch
Fri: 8:00 – 14:00 no lunch break
- Good PC software literacy
- Collaborative team member
- Will have worked in a similar role within a fast-moving production environment, preferably in automotive, aerospace or military industry.
- To be production-focused where availability and supply are essential.
- Excellent people, combined with strong communication and organisation skills, are required to control the Goods Inwards area and manage the purchasing function.